Sunday, September 12, 2010

Extra! Read All About It! - Class on How To Open Your Own Healing Practice!

About a year ago the idea of offering a class on how to open your own healing practice came to me.

After being asked numerous times, "how did you do it? ...go from 'there' (the corporate world) to 'here' (energy medicine?) and repeating the same answer over and over, the 'aha' light-bulb-moment came. I'll just answer the question in a group setting, I'll offer a class!

The Universe was calling; more inquiries came. In addition to being asked the 'how did you do it' question on a regular basis, I was being approached by several people (many also from the corporate world) about mentoring them to work in the field of energy medicine.

In March I proposed the idea to the event coordinator at the bookstore where I teach other classes and, with great enthusiasm, she immediately said, yes, do it, we need that! With the economy down and people looking for new ideas and opportunities, it is needed, she added. We were in agreement! Next step was to submit a proposal.

Although I submitted the original proposal last spring, it was decided to postpone so I could focus on my other classes through the summer. Postponing, it turns out, was serendipitous indeed; it allowed the idea to brew a bit more where I had the thought to invite a friend join me in teaching the class. When I asked my friend, Betsy, she thought it was a great idea and was excited to be a part of it! We got to work on tweaking the original proposal and resubmitted to the bookstore. Now, nearly a full year after the initial idea came to me, a new class is birthed.

The class is now, at last, scheduled! It will be held next Saturday, September 18 at 10:30 AM at East West Bookshop of Seattle.

My partner for class is a good friend and colleague, Betsy Gutting, Intuitive Life Coach. And we are thrilled to be offering a "2-for-1", doubling the knowledge of two people in one class! Betsy has a similar story to mine; like me, she left her corporate job to work in service to others. Together, we bring a wealth of knowledge on how to move toward creating the work you love!

If you or someone you know is looking for some inspiration to start a practice, this class will provide valuable information on what steps to take. Come learn from our lessons, gain wisdom, and move through that one thing that may be holding you back!

Betsy and I will each share our experiences with regard to "how we did it". To give you a little taste of what to expect, below is a sampling of some of the things I will share with regard to "how I did it".

1. Training. After completing an intensive Reiki workshop, I was attuned at the Master level. This provided the launching pad for me. I will share information on where to receive Reiki training and make suggestions on other energy medicine modalities.

2. Business name. What would I call myself, my practice, my new business? After a few minutes of asking myself some basic questions, what am I doing, where am I doing it, and so on, the name 'Seattle Energy Medicine' came to mind. From there, I bought the domain name, obtained a city of Seattle business license, and traded the name with WA state trade association. I had no idea how to do any of this! It was literally one step leading to another.

3. Insurance. Did I need it? Yes!

4. A space. Many people are quite successful and comfortable working out of their home, but this didn't appeal to me. I had no idea how to find a space; again, I took the first step, which led to the next. I found my space. I will share what those steps were and provide all my resources.

The above are but a few items to be discussed at the class. Please join Betsy and me as we share all our resources on how to help you be successful in your ventures to start your own practice!

Further event information is available by visiting East West Bookshop at 6500 Roosevelt Way, NE, Seattle, WA 98125 or by phone at 206-523-3726. You may also read more about the event and pre-register online for $20 (a savings of $5) at http://www.eastwestbookshop.com. Cost is $25 at the door. Register early to save on costs and reserve your seat!

Hope to see you there!

Ruth's web site: http://www.seattleenergymedicine.com/
Betsy's web site: http://www.betsygutting.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment